About the Cintiq Companion 2
Your Cintiq Companion 2 is a high-performance mobile computer that supports both pen and touch input, and is designed to accommodate your work preferences. The Cintiq operates in two different modes: plugged into your computer, or as a completely mobile, battery-powered device.
- Desktop Mode. When you connect the Cintiq to a computer using the Windows or Mac operating system, it functions as a pen display that supports pen and touch input for design and graphics work. It also can be used to play music from your computer, or for video conferencing.
- Mobile Mode. When the Cintiq is disconnected from your computer, it functions as a Windows tablet with its own processor, pen and touch input, and connections to the Internet and accessory devices. While on the go you can review and edit your work, and access the Internet, email, and the features and functionality of the operating system.
If you change modes by connecting or disconnecting the Cintiq, it will automatically switch to the new mode. You can move and share information between the two modes using a Micro SD card.
The Cintiq Companion 2 can be used in landscape or portrait orientation, lying flat on your desk or in your lap. In landscape orientation, it can be placed in one of three inclined positions, using the optional stand. When drawing or sketching, you have up to 2048 pressure levels and a comfortable drawing surface.
See Cintiq Companion 2 features for illustrations and information about your pen display. See Set up your device for setup instructions. Refer to your Quick Start Guide for additional information and illustrations for setup. The product Help topics can also help you make the best use of your Cintiq and can be accessed from Wacom Center.
Your Cintiq can be used with the pen that came with your product, or another Wacom pen or tool specified for use with the Cintiq Companion 2.
Included with your Cintiq Companion 2
- Professional-level pen input
- Multi-finger touch input
- Two speakers
- Headphone and microphone jacks
- Volume control button
- Autorotate toggle switch
- Front camera for web conferencing
- Rear camera for taking pictures or recording videos
- Three USB ports for attaching peripheral devices
- Mini DisplayPort for video out
- MicroSD card slot for additional storage and file exchange
- SDXC card slot
- Eight GB RAM (standard model)
- Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Bluetooth Smart technology
- Wifi network capability
Review the Important Product Information, which describes safety precautions, specifications, warranties, and the license agreement for your device in Wacom Center.